WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Sunday 17 November 2013

Deb's "Making the Dates" .........




I've been having a little play making some dated stamped circles. In my first December Daily I used a mix of different thickers/stickers that I had in my stash and last year I bought the chipboard ones from the range of papers I used.  So this year I decided to make my own.




 Firstly I scribbled pink and aqua coloured gelatos on a mat (they are quite bright colours)......... 




And then sprayed it with a LOT of water to tone them down and made a BIG gelato puddle.



I placed a piece of white cardstock in it, lifted it and put it down again and I still had quite a puddle left so dipped another piece in, lifted it and put it down again and liked the last piece (that's the top one)  more.  It had a more subtle effect so decided to go with that one to punch out my circles.



When it had completely dried, I brushed quite a bit of white paint onto a script stamp and stamped randomly over the coloured cardstock.  You can barely see the script now lol but I like the effect.




Then I punched out my circles (I usually only go up to the 26th in my Dec Daily but I punched out a few more just in case).   I've kept some of the negative from my punched circles as it might come in handy and also kept the first piece of card that I dipped as I will use it somewhere.




I loaded some date stamps with paint and stamped onto the circles.




I haven't added anything else to them yet.........as I go along each day some might get a doodled border or some lace around the edge, they could be a flower centre, a sun, a journaling spot
 (with some very small writing maybe around the edge)   I'll see as I go along.

How are you going with your December Daily preparations. 
 We would love to see them........
Add what you've created to the 'Mr Linky' Links on the top right hand side bar.





1 comment:

  1. Deb, these are fantastic! They will be perfect for your pastel mini-album!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....