WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Saturday 18 January 2014

Bec's Dec..... Adding in extras........



With my album now finished and Christmas over, I wanted to add in the Christmas cards that we received using the same method as I had with adding in the letter from Tinsel. 


I first cut strips of paper or card (card would be stronger) about 3/4" wide.


 Then I cut the strips into about 2" long and folded them in half.


 When folded over I punched holes through them, remembering to keep them about 5mm away from the folded edge. If they are too close to the edge they will tear and rip easier therefore your cards or whatever you are attaching will fall out of the album. 


 I collected all my cards and put them in the order I wanted. (I put the cards from my family and closest friends first.)


 Opening up the folded pieces exposing the inside of the tabs, I placed double sided tape (small pieces) on both sides of the tab, near the outer edge of each side.


 Take the piece of paper off your double sided tape and stick one side down along the folded edge of the card.


 And fold down the other side to attach both sides to the back of the card. 


 Do this for 2 tabs (remembering to space them at equal distances to fit on the rings) and then you have your card inside your mini album. 

I have loved being able to add in my cards to my album this way. It's all together with my photos and in one album.
I hope this have given you some idea of adding your cards along with your Christmas memories all in one album.
But you can add in anything that you don't want to go into a pocket that is still able to be opened and read.

4 comments:

  1. I totally LOVE this idea Bec!!.... and never have added cards before... will consider doing this - that's a great tutuorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabby way to add in your cards, Bec.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to add in your cards Bec. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to add in your cards Bec. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....