WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Monday 20 January 2014

Julie's December Daily Card Box...


Now that I have finished scrapping for this years December Daily,  I bet you are all wondering just how it will go all together as there are no holes in sight to use rings or ribbons on.

Here is the pile of cards.



Cards not pages you say?  
That's because this year my December Daily is not an album this year.
The reason for all those little numbered tabs at the top of  all my cards is because I decided to make this year's December Daily a card box instead.



Here is what the cards are going to be housed in


Pretty plain looking - but soon solved that issue and started to wrap up my card box.
Every present needs a bow. . .
So that is where I started. A twine bow to help keep my card box closed.






Making it look pretty, started by adding in some ribbon. 


So that I could see just where the ribbon needed to go and the title card could be seen under it, I kept it in place with clip, then some more twine.

Finally  added in some trim.



What is a present without a tag?


And seeing I had to cover up the back of my card box where all the trims met, that was just the place for this present's tag.
 I cut a scrap of kraft to fit. Punched out a heart then finished it of with some doodling and a few word stickers before adding it to my present.


Adding some flowers.
 Flowers are my favorite embellie and using them in last year's album turned it somewhat into the pregnant brick. This year I resisted the urge to use flowers on my cards. I managed to use just one and thought that having a flower spray on the front would finish it nicely. My present already had a bow, so used some washi tape to attach my flower.





Here is the finshed card box with the cards inside.
Closed.




Back
 Those paper bag envelopes at the back hid the last of Hoot and Holler scrapped antics.



Open


That's my December Daily all wrapped up for another year. I think after doing three this one is my favorite so far.









2 comments:

  1. This is pretty, unique and brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've decorated your little December Daily holder beautifully, Julie and it looks fabulous holding all your little cards.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....