WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Monday 3 November 2014

Design Team Introduction and Sneak Peeks!


Let's December Daily Badge 

 Every few days during the month of November, we will share with you our December Daily stories, journey and thoughts.   As with past experience, sometimes creating a covers and pages don't always work out, or on the other hand, work out terrifically - yes, we experience it all!
Below is a bit on each  design team member who share a few thoughts on beginning their 2014 December Daily journey and a sneak peek at covers!

--------------------------------------------


Mandy


I cant tell you how excited I am starting my 6th December Daily!  This year I've got an added extension  as well, but will go into that in my next post to explain fully (very big smile).
Every year I try to do something different to the last so I have a wonderful array of December Daily's out on my coffee table at Christmas for everyone to reminisce about.  I love this!
 At the end of last year's December Daily journey, I was hankering to do a vintage hard cloth covered book - and in blue!  So I set about finding just the right book...and I have!  I'm also not great at sticking with colours, but this year, I'll try!  Blues, greens, with reds and golds will feature I hope!  

ALTERED VINTAGE BOOK
Here's a little sneak peek at my cover! 
I cant wait until December rolls around! 


------------------------------------



Julie

This year will be my fourth December Daily and like Mandy, I try and do something different each year so when placed out along with the Christmas tree, there is a colourful display of past Christmas memories. 
As I finished off my Christmas box-styled December Daily last year, I already had some thoughts on  how to attempt this year's, so picked up a red fabric-spined raw American Craft 6x6 album to use. Although I had decided I was going to go with a red, white and kraft with a touch of black colour scheme, until yesterday I was still unsure as to how it would be decorated tossing up between painting or covering it in fabric. The red and white gingham won out!

FABRIC COVERED ALBUM.
Can't wait to unroll that gingham and start dressing my album.

----------------------------------------------------




Deb


I'm looking forward to quite a different approach to my December Daily this year.  There will be no particular colour scheme or paper range.  I have a couple of art journals that I like to have a play in from time to time, although probably not nearly as often as I would like, and unlike most art journalers, the ideas for pages don't come to me unless I'm challenged or prompted.  So what better way for me to get more into art journalling than to have the challenge of creating a page for each day in December.  It will be very different to my last year's pastel-coloured December Daily

ART JOURNAL
                                             and my cover looks something like this..........


-------------------------



Bec


Woah!!! Christmas is here already and I'm ready to work on my 6th December Daily album.
This year I've decided to go with a Project Life style album again as I'm working full time and find it easy to do and get finished. This will be different to last year's Project Life Album as this year I will be making my album from scratch. Yep! The binder!
I've chosen to work with deep reds, shiny gold, white and Kraft with all colour coordinating embellishments and jazzing up the album inserts.
I've also decided to go with the 'what I want to do' from last year which is the use of full pages mixed in with the pocket pages.


PROJECT LIFE HANDMADE ALBUM


-------------------------

There you are!!
Four very different styles of December Daily!

Stay tuned, in a few days we will set up
Mr Linky
so you can share with us what you've created or intend creating with!

Remember, if you share, this blog is a great resource - it is visited all year round and the most popular links are those on Mr Linky's!


We'd love to see you there!

--------------------






2 comments:

  1. Loving your sneak peeks, looking forward to the full reveal. Love what you all did last year - awesome talent and so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh now this is fun! I'm looking forward to the inspiration you all are providing

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....