WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Monday 8 December 2014

Julie's 2nd, 3rd, 4th and Quote Card


I am having so much fun creating for this year's December Daily.  After a busy weekend, I am now in catch up mode having fallen behind in my daily scrapping of the pages.

Although I am using a 6x6 album this year, I loved the freedom in my last year's December Daily where I could create in different sizes for each day and wanted to still be able to do this. I will explain  how I managed it after showing you my latest pages below.

Day 2
 To create the background on my three cards I've used a scrap saved from punching out some leaves as a mask, so sprayed it with some Distress stain tipped into a small spray bottle. I have found that I do this quite a bit with my stains and have got a little collection of spray bottles on hand just for this. Once it had been sprayed, it was a bit too stark in places so while wet I patted it down with a tissue to take away some of the colour. When dry, I doodled around the leaves and along the mask edges.



When adding in my embellishments I needed to trim down the red arrow, the 'STOP'  word and my number tag. I included the cut off pieces as well on the third card. In keeping with my 'tweet' theme, cut out a bird from fabric, frayed the edges a little and added him in too.



Day 3
 The background on these cards is Tim Holtz distress paints dabbed on to recreate the spots on my paper pizza along with some small punched out circles, doodling and a water coloured border.



To keep the flow from the three cards to the single in the album I made sure that one of the arrow pizza pieces was pointing to the right.



Day 4
 I did have a photo of my car to use but as it wasn't that great so decided not to use it. I recreated the holly detail on the number tag to fill in the space and make the perfect perch for my water coloured die cut bird.



I had a few assorted sized divided 12 by 12 page inserts here and with some careful trimming made a bundle of mixed sized page inserts. In most of them there, is only one hole in the edge not long enough to have the second added in, therefore couldn't be put in the album without hanging down.

Here's the solution:
I didn't take photos of the insert bundle used on day 2-4 pages while I created it, so I've staged these photos to give an idea.  As I may not need this exact combination of inserts in my album nothing has been permanently stuck together.


Step 1
 These two insert are a row of three 2x3 (on top) and a row of three 4x4 (behind). I have folded the 4x4 inserts so that  you can pull them out to reveal hidden pages. I've lined up the two holes in each that were already there and secured them together with some stylus tape.


Step 2
Stick down a coordinating strip, avoiding the area directly around the hole, to the front that will cover the tape between the two inserts. Flip it over and using the hole already there as a guide make a hole in the strip.



Step3
Stick down the insert bundle to a quote card and add in the second hole so you can
 pop your bundle into your album.



And here is how day 2-4 insert bundle looks in my album.


With the inserts stuck together and to the quote card, the pages can't be turned as
 you would normally but can still be viewed easily.


We would love to see how your December Daily pages are coming along.  
You can share them with us HERE.

3 comments:

  1. You are such a clever cookie! No end to ways of 'getting round' stuff if we have to, right? I guess that goes in life, eh, as well!!! Your girl is growing up FAST.....& I must say, I cringed at the car cost. DH's rego is due on Dec 21st. That wasn't very well planned, eh???!!! THanks for sharing your daily - keep it up, no!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Love the pages and the fun playfulness about it too. I like how your page turned out for the day you didn't have a picture to use. Really good inspiration, helps me to figure out what to do with the ones that I don't have pics for.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....