WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Friday 27 November 2015

Bec's Page Preparations.......


Oh what fun I've had with this 'flat' December Daily so far.
 My pages will be prepped as I go as I'm wanting to keep the pages in theme with what is happening in my photos.  I don't want to jump too far ahead.
But some pages I've been able to prep before hand. 


As the pages are 19cms x 29cms I've cut a heap of the papers down to 18cms x 28cms and covered the pages with a little of the Kraft peeking out. I haven't done every single page though. I've skipped some pages so I can create my own page with mixed media.  


I've inked the edges of the pages with a black ink. 


And some of the pages I've prepped with clear Gesso ready for some paint, ink, gelatos etc.

Here I've used a water soluble crayon and scribbled in 2 corners. 


I then wet it using a water spray bottle and moved it around with a brush.
I added some white water soluble crayon and some texture paste through a star stencil for some added interest. 


I noticed on this page it was curling because of all the wet medium, so I attached a piece of scrapbooking to the back to flatten it out. 


Added some stamping of Christmas words on the edge of some of the papers.......


Here I've used a white gelato through a circle stencil and used my finger (while the stencil was still down) to move the gelato around the inside of the stencil. 

I cut out 3 layers of a Christmas tree and plan on adding more detail to it soon. 


Again, some gelato through the star stencil and blended with my finger........................


How is everyone's preparations going?  We'd love to see them..............

Dont forget you can link your pre-planning or stash photos up
HERE....

And if you have your Covers done....
upload them  HERE 

And you can even share your  previous December Daily's
HERE
We'd love to see them!

4 comments:

  1. Bec, this is awesome! Love your colour scheme! The mix of that and the screens/gelatos and gesso ....and the stamping... just fabulous! This will be wonderful to watch develop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! Bec, these papers are looking fabulous on the Kraft. Love the stencilling and your Christmas tree looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing how your pages are built up, so much creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love what your doing with the gelatos :) I got to go and find mine :) I can see the white will be a perfect addition to my kit :) So fun to see how the pages are being created already :) just a couple more sleeps :) and it'll be time to play :)

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....