WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Deb's Page Preparations............



I have decided not to go too far ahead with preparing my pages as they are all different sizes and shapes.  I thought it might be best to choose my page for each day as it comes depending on what I have to record for that day.  However I have prepared the binding, ready to be attached as I create each page.   Continuing on with my canvas paper as I used on my cover ,  I decided to randomly stamp full pages using a variety of stamps. 


Then using my template,  I've cut individual strips from the stamped canvas paper and decorated the edges......some have been stamped and some machine sewn.  This size will fit the larger pages of my album well but some will need to be cut for the smaller pages.


I also purchased some "POP" tape which I had never used before and thought that it might make an alternate binding.   I was a little worried that the thickness of the canvas paper on each page may make it all a bit too bulky.  

So with that in mind I used one of the canvas pages that I had stamped (as an experiment) and had not cut up into strips thinking that I may include  some of them throughout my album as well.  The POP tape didn't stick as well as I would have liked so it was stitched down. 


I've already decided that this transparency will be my introduction page so to that I have added one of the canvas binding strips (folded in half, slipped over the edge and glued) and punched the holes. Just a little fabric and rub on/sticker alphas added to the transparency to start my album off.   I'm really liking the stamped page with the POP tape binding behind this transparency so I'm thinking this may work for my day 1............we'll see.


How is everyone's preparations going?  We'd love to see them..............

Dont forget you can link your pre-planning or stash photos up
HERE....

And if you have your Covers done....
upload them  HERE 

And you can even share your  previous December Daily's
HERE
We'd love to see them!


4 comments:

  1. Totally love how you've done your binding deb... with both the canvas and the tape!
    That striped transparency page is a keeper!! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your grungy background stamping and the transparency stripes just zing on top of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! That transparency looks fabulous:) And I LOVE the printed canvas. WAY cool & very 'individual'!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun transparency, looks really cool :) I love all the printing and sewing going on too :) Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....