WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Saturday 7 November 2015

Mandy's December Daily Preparation...


 photo 5771ac68-11d3-4a7a-9dea-6a8da6e02d44.jpg 

Here's the start of the instant love affair I had with 7dots Yuletide range. It really was love at first sight and when I received it (not sure its in Australia yet, so had it sent from the US Strwbri Etsy )..... I was just so delighted, any other ideas I had about how 2015's December Daily was going to look..... weeeeeeeell, they just disappeared!
I love its 'Grungy' feel!  So, grunge it is.... and.... ooooh that deer!

I felt I'd put myself back in square one changing ideas (I bought some beautiful envelopes last year to be made into an album) - sooooo back to the drawing board with my new goodies! Then it became a matter of finding something to become the 'covers'... and I managed to find these black chipboard covers on sale online for next to nothing in cost and with a bit of black denim, the vision was dancing in my head....I really liked the thought of a landscape look this year, and 12x6 size suited just fine! Just had to cut a bit off as  these were 13ins long...



So next was gathering the rest of the stash!
There is nothing like shopping your own stash! I keep my Christmas stash in a tub of its own....  so with some mixed media....   here's some pics...EXCITING!

I might even trim the edges of the pages with some colourful fabric... not sure yet..
Will make it up as it goes along!  I'm not terribly good at planning ahead!
I think I'm in love with deers this year!

 http://letsdecemberdaily.blogspot.com.au/

Dont forget you can link your pre-planning or stash photos up
HERE....

And if you have your Covers done....
upload them  HERE

And you can even share your  previous December Daily's
HERE

We'd love to see them!



5 comments:

  1. What a lovely group of goodies! Looking forward to seeing what you do with these moody papers, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you get your 'kit' together. I did this when I went on scrap camp, & it really does make it easier to create....great idea. Looking forward to seeing some deer star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit to work with Mandy :) I see we have some common tastes in products we have on hand :) The smooch, the embossing powders and the pompom trims (excited to see what you do with that cause I have yet to figure out how to use it. I have a few Iris boxes of Christmas goodness too that I have collected over the years. Nice choice for size and that grungy looking paper looks great :) I agree with Lizzy it does make it go faster when you have a kit together. Looking forward to seeing your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very smoky and cool, can't wait to see how your album develops - going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo! Those papers are just YUM! Looking forward to seeing your album progress........it will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....