WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Sunday 13 December 2015

Deb's Days 8, 9 , 10 & an added pocket.......



Day 8.


This page from the album had a peek -a -boo heart cut out on it and as much as I loved this,  I decided for this one, I would cover it up.  So glueing a scrap of double sided paper over the heart


and then covering that over with my journalling card for this day....

I was then left with the reverse side of the scrap paper showing through the cut out for day 9.



Day 9.
Adding a little die cut heart inside the heart for my journalling and some kindy glitz to outline it.  The ribbon tied onto the tag sits out of the album up the top.  


Using a smaller page from the album (in the shape of a tag) which I had kept aside as an embellishment.  Having the same pattern as the page I was using for Day 9, I decided to add a strip of striped paper under the punched binding holes and matt the tag on some red.  I'm thinking black might have been a better option now that I look at it.



Day 10.

This page is made from a giant manilla tag..........Some hessian ribbon at the top which again will poke out from the top of the album and finished off with a button. 


Sprayed the tag with Dylusions "fresh Lime" ink spray first......

Then a piece of black cardstock with a torn bottom edge is placed over the top .......


This is the back of the tag.  To the top I have stitched some hessian ribbon but only anchored to Day 10 at this stage as it will make it easier to plan Day 11 without the hessian being attached to that day just now.


AND as I was looking through some of my photos I came across photos that I had taken back in November which relate to this Christmas.  They were photos of decorations and keepsakes that I had gifted before the 1st December.   SO I had the idea that I would make some easy tags to include these photos..........firstly a double manilla tag with some random stamping on the inside.

Covered the front with patterned paper, washi and some stamped decorations (I rubbed over the stamps with some neo colour pastels then spritzed them with water, stamped and they came out with a watercoloured effect)


and inside the tag......the photos and journalling.........


Another tag - covered the front with a smaller page from the album........


and the photo on the back with room for journalling.......


Now where to store these tags............right here on the back cover of the album.  I've added  little banner with some stickers across the top of the pocket and some alphas.


The pocket is made from another smaller page from the album, a border made from left over binding and continued the stitching around the pocket........


 underneath........I've cut a piece from a plastic sleeve and popped on the back so that it seals the window without covering it up (stitched around the frame)  and using scraps of cardstock I've added 3 concertina bits to make the pocket expand.  (Yes I'm thinking I might be adding more bits to this back pocket throughout December)


When it's glued onto the back cover you can see how it sits up to make more room in the pocket.


We are really looking forward to seeing how your December Dailys are progressing. 

We've added the 
'Completed Pages' link .....
Hope to see your 2015 pages!
 And you can link your pre-planning or stash photos up
HERE....

And if you have your Covers done....
upload them  HERE 

And you can even share your  previous December Daily's
HERE
We'd love to see them!
http://letsdecemberdaily.blogspot.com.au/




4 comments:

  1. These pages are coming together beautifully Deb! Love the double tag and how it fits into the pocket you've made. Love the little revealed heart - so lovely for your kitty! And yum with the mangoes.... soo lucky to have a tree in your garden!!! We have to buy beautiful Queensland imported ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like how you 'do' tags.....always inspirational & the little pocket at the back, great idea! Love the 'window' idea. NEXT year I'm deffo going to try to use those:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know where to start, there's just so much I admire about these pages! The double tag with the photos inside and the storage pocket with the window so you can see them peeping out - just so inspirational! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pages and love what you did with the heart :) The tags are really a fun element to the Daily :)

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....