WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Tuesday 6 December 2016

Deb's Days 2, 3 & 4.



Day 2.  
 

The Prima packaging I used for the corner of the page provided a spot to include a small tag with some more journalling.


Day 3.
Using a page from the book and not wanting to cover it permanently.  (I don't think this is going to be possible all the way through the book......but baby steps as I upcycle my little book.)

Cutting out a section of paper from the Kaisercraft story book collection (Books) and a small strip of scrap paper the same width............

I've just folded it in half and added the strip of folded scrap paper to the fold side.  Then glued the 2 longer sides together to form a pocket.  Some stitching was added across the top of the gingham paper before it was attached to the book page.

And it made a little flap that I could glue to the edge of the page so as not to cover any of the words of the carol.  I've made a little banner in scraps of red, grey and gold - the colours on my tree and tied one end to the tag that fits inside the pocket. A little paper clip holds it in place.


and a photo of my previous December Dailys on the inside of the flap.  Journalling on the back of the tag.

NEXT PAGE.....an in-between'er.
I wanted to keep this page as is so just added a border (from that one piece of Christmas themed patterned paper I had in my supplies) and some stamping......using black ink on the border and beige over the page.  I'm not a stamper and don't think I ever will be but one thing I've learned is if the stamping doesn't come out well then just leave it......it is what it is. lol


Day 4.
Is a double page.....once again keeping the lovely pictures in the book.  


I've added a  couple of frames to the pages........ both were cut from the one original frame. 
This was an inside border of the frame.  Added some journalling to this one (I thought this page worked in very well with me finishing off the Christmas decorating).

and this was the outside edge of the original frame so I put paper cut from the Kaisercraft Story Book collection behind it......sat my two pages together, glued down the frame and then cut through the middle of the pages with a craft knife to separate them. 


We'd love to see how your December Dailys are coming along.
 

3 comments:

  1. OOOH! Loving the little frames you've used & the idea of leaving some pages pretty much alone. NICE balance happening I reckon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite a tricky task for you respecting the book and adding your daily entry, but you're rising to the challenge brilliantly. Love how your precious little book is progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow deb!!! I especially love the the page (putting up decorations) what a lovely lovely fit! The borders are fabulous both around the journaling and the edges of your pages. And great idea with the flip tag! Perfect for not covering the pics! This is going to be one beautiful book!!!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....