WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Saturday 3 December 2016

Jane's Day 1


After all the preparations at last it's time to get going and share a page - well a few pages actually as I've done a couple of title pages as well as Day 1.


 Mmm, three title pages, gradually increasing in size.  I started with this gorgeous Christmas tree stamp because - well just because I love it - and it was the perfect fit for my advent photo challenge to be adhered on the back.


Next up was a little poem that always make me feel Christmassy. When the pages are closed the third page's 2016 shows down the right hand side and the first page's tree allows the poem to be seen.


Here's the first two pages all opened up.


On the back of the middle page I've adhered my 2016 weather chart. I always include this in my DD album I suppose because it's fun to compare temperatures from year to year, but mainly because it's become a bit of a habit!


Here's my largest page


And here's what's on the back of it - my December planner with a few things already written in.  Facing the large page is my 2016 manifesto or you could say my intentions for the season.


A closer look at my intentions. This was created using photoshop elements and Katie Pertiet digital supplies available from Designer Digitals.


And now on to my first proper page - yes it really is December 1st! So I started by gathering all my supplies - a die cut deer and leaf border, a stamp set, the number and a journal card.


 I started by stamping the splatter, adhering the journal card and number to my backing paper.


The deer and leaf border were added next.


And finally some gems and my journalling.


 Here's today's photo. The border was created using photoshop elements and the embellishments are Katie Pertiet digital supplies available from Designer Digitals.


I added a trio of die cut stars to the empty space on my photo and I was done. And it feels good to get the first page under my belt!


Well I'm hoping that maybe I've inspired you to play along with us here at Let's December Daily. Here's the links you'll be needing:

We'd love to see them!

4 comments:

  1. Oooooo! Jane this is just beautiful. I LOVE your cover page/s......so very clever and inspiring. AND your
    Day 1 looks fabulous. Love your advent calender too. Well I just love everything you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tri-size ideaworks a treat! Wish I was this organized. Had to tip 1/2 my stash out to find my page tabs!!!! And I love the weather idea..... MIGHT lunch that in some form or the other:)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jane!! Your triple title pages are gorgeous and I love the weather chart idea! The die cut deer is fabulous and I love what you did with the photo. All in all a simply fabulous start to your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous deer! There's deers and then there's 'deers' - and this is the latter of them, it looks so magestic ringing in the first day. I love the santa - very cute! I keep telling myself to do an advent calendar.. but forget every time! I love that idea! Your title pages and day 1 look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....