WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Monday 19 December 2016

Jane's Days 14 -17



Here I go again with the next installment of my album pages!

 Day 14


Please excuse the awful colours on some of my pics, really struggling with the light, gloomy dark days here in the UK! Day 14 began with a journal card matted onto pearlescent brown card - yes really it is brown - a washi strip, a digi strip and the number.


Next I cut out three present shapes from left over pieces of patterned paper - Kaisercraft Sea Breezes - and popped narrow washi tape ribbons and a bow on top before making a wonky stack standing on the horizontal washi strip.


I cut the FA LA LA strip from a piece of Simple Stories Misteltoe Kisses paper to pop under the bow and then started my journalling. Seems I had more to say than would fit! So I made a flap, attached it with washi and popped a gingerbread man cut out on top. Oh and the obligatory sparkly gems of course!


I had a few photos that I wanted to include today so I made a strip of circular shots, using photoshop elements, to go above the main photo.


 Day 15


A very simple start to today's page - just a journalling card and the number.


I decided to make stamping a real feature and made a stamped PL style card and also two stamped and handcut trees using Uniko sets.


Once the journalling was written I added a couple of word stickers and an ampersand and made myself stop!


Today's photo features the contents of the gift bags and is very busy, bright and hectic so I only added a shadowed border strip at the top and bottom and a staple on the side and then called it a day.


Day 16


I started today's page with a stamped bird cage and a heart banner plus the journalling card and number .......


 And then I went completely bonkers! Well the theme was crazy Christmas jumpers! All the elements are from Simple Stories Mistletoe Kisses plus a few alphas. What do you think about covering the love birds with the cheeky Christmas bird? I decided it was more in keeping with the madness of the page, those love birds were far too sophisticated!


As there was quite a chunk of empty space at the bottom of my photo I added a little bit of extra journalling to fill it up. I also went a bit crazy with the Katie Pertiet digi light strings.


Day 17


  As I was still in mad mode from yesterday I stamped my favourite fun and fabulous reindeer and a silly sentiment to start off today's page.


I used alpha stickers to add three large words and the dots and some word stickers went on the right of the journal card. Two hearts and a star button - from a White Stuff label - and a phrase sticker fiished off this page. And in case you haven't already spotted them the reindeer have sparkly green gems on their noses.


My three precious grandsons all looking at the camera and all smiling! Such joy - I can't tell you how many times this has not worked out so well. The digi elements are Katie Pertiet Antibes and Ali Edwards Cozy Christmas


That's me all cleaned up for today. How are you all getting along?

We'd love you to share all your process and December Daily journey with us
below:
 
 
We'd love to see them!

3 comments:

  1. Yours pages are just delightful, Jane. Loving the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where to start!! Weeeeell, love the stack of presents and that beautiful page of the little children decorating the tree - what a wonderful perspective from the camera. Cute little stamps - and your sweaters... I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORE those little circular photos. wish I could use PS properly! I've only got elements, but I need tuition! Also love your stamping....it looks sooo perfect.....& the little Christmas bird looks waay better than the love birds I reckon! This is looking brilliant....& WHEEEEHEEEEE to getting your grandboys all looking. That's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....