WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Sunday 11 December 2016

Jane's Days 6-9


Made me smile to read Mandy apologising for poor photos due to bad weather - well that's how it nearly always is for us here in the UK at this time of year - my Christmas photos are generally dark and not as crisp as I would like.

Day 6


Today's page should have been all about a shopping trip and I prepared this page ahead as I knew I'd be late home and tired.


Well things went a bit pear shaped for me today and I needed to add a longer bit of journalling to explain, so out came the washi and a flap was added to expand the journalling space. And that bobble string just wasn't working for me either, so off it came and some more washi and a rick rack braid replaced it. Some stickers and some trios of enamel dots and then I was happy. 


In case you're wondering I did get to go on the shopping trip and here's my favourite photo. Oh and I'm sharing the story under the flap on my blog today - here.


Day 7


Back to some stamping as the focal point of today's page, here's how it all began:


Then I went a bit crazy with the sparkly gems and added a wooden snowflake - coloured with a promarker pen - to balance it all out a bit, ha!


 Here's the completed page with journalling added.


 Today's photo:


 Day 8


Another page with stamping as the focal point. I love these Wonky Tonk trees, so whimsical.


 Once I added the journalling I decided the page needed a little something more so I used a Stamplorations stencil to add a diagonal line of stars. Then of course out came the sparkly gems!


Today's photo features all my previous December albums which have come out of hiding and are now on display by the real tree. The digi elements are Katie Pertiet and available at Designer Digitals.


 Day 9


Today I knew the focus would be on my youngest grandson's birthday so I prepared the page this far with a fun reindeer and a bright background paper from MME Cozy Christmas.


Today was bound to be photo heavy so I included one on my journal page and then pretty much covered that background paper with stickers, a title and sparkly gems.


I added a simple photo collage opposite and then needed to find a way to include more photos.


So extra page protectors were inserted to enable this. And to add even more sparkle - are you getting that I kind of love sparkle -  I chose a chevron semi transparency sheet added some sequins and stitched along the zig zag, added some more sequins and stitched again and repeated this process once more.


I used my tiny purple sewing machine that I keep just for paper work, saves me blunting the needle on my big fabric machine and it also tucks under my craft desk easily.


Here's the 'official' photo page for day 9 - you know, I mean the one that follows the pattern I've established - see neat and tidy me has to follow a pattern!


And this is the flip side of the chevron page.


Well done if you've made it this far down the page. I had a lot I wanted to share today, so thanks for sticking with me. 

How is your December album progressing? We'd love you to share all your process and December Daily journey with us. Here's the links you'll need:

We'd love to see them!
 

4 comments:

  1. wow Jane! These pages look amazing! There can never be enough sparkly gems in a Dec Daily!! Bring it on. The more I look at those fabulous stamped trees... the more I want those stamps! Love the shaker pocket - fabulous! Great to do the stitching - its a sure way to keep those sequins in check! Awesome work as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! Jane these pages are gorgeous. Love your little shaker pocket......very sweet. AND I adore the trees.....both the stamped ones and the photo of the gorgeous display ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First thing I noticed was the ric rac. Works a treat. Much better than the pom poms I reckon ..... off to check out WHY re: your trip.... & I really like your chevron shaker. LOOOOOOVE how you've managed to add in extra photos and journaling when you need to & best of all, adored the shot of all your albums out for viewing. Brilliant post. Really enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages Jane and I like the consisting of the photo mats and the number day pieces :) Love the photo of all the albums, I signed up for JYC this year for the 1st time and looking forward to playing along with that one days I don't have anything for my daily.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....