WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Saturday 24 December 2016

Lizzy Days 19-20

I've only got a couple of days in this post.
But I've added a little of my scrappy process
for a change!

Day 19
This was a home day. I decided those big bell
die cuts - one I cut up for words previously -
might work on a page after all.
And I remembered to do black & white
today!
Here's the bell & my journaling closer.
I've used the same flower sequins as on the
previous page around its neck.
Applied with Liquid Pearls:
Similarly, I've used the same red glittery stars, too.
Below you can see the photo die cut I was given from a friend.
Simply backed the heart with some silver paper I had.
See the 'to town' words?
They were cut from this PL card.
More stash busting!
I like thinking out of the box!
Here's days 18 and 19 together
- gotta have Wally dog in my DD!

Day 20:
Seems I'm on a "cut them words out that I need & chuck the rest
away" phase at the moment. It's a GREAT way to stash bust!
Here's how I did this for day 20.
I'd been given these post it notes:
Adhered this one to cardstock,
then cut out the 'nice' word which I wanted:
Made it into a 'banner', added some black to the border
et voila! Also, the washi below was recycled from a present,
& I've typed onto the photo with my
Project Life app:
Next, I used this little card. I didn't want the 'Christmas'
word, so cut it away. The 'joy' is a cut from my Brother Scan N Cut
machine. I knew some of the white from the word would still be
visible, & thought this might help cover it up.
Firstly, I cut all the elements out:
Next I thought the words needed to 'pop' more.
So went over all the dots with a white pen.
I added a border as well.
Note the difference to the 'fun' word which hasn't been altered:
I also wanted to add part of this word phrase.
The whole one wouldn't fit on my photo.
So, I choose the 'remember' word:
After cutting down, edging with black then white,
this is what it all looks like:
The 'joy' did its job pretty well!
I hope this makes you think of ways of using YOUR stash too!
Here is my whole page:
Lastly, a little close up of the bottom cluster.
The 'u' & 'n' are actually both a 'u'.
No one would know!!
The 2 little chevron banners worked a treat, too:)
Thanks for taking the time to keep up with my pages!
I really appreciate your comments:)

Remember,
We'd love you to share all your process and December Daily journey with us
below:
We'd love to see them!
Cheers for now & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Awww! Wally dog is just so cute. Love his page. Really enjoyed reading through your scrappy process. Fabulous December Daily you are creating here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one who chops words and cards up, love how you've added the white frames to them. Rolling along nicely Lizzy, you're an awesome scrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!! Look at your busting that stash! I love you cut up words too - love that little banner piece - nothing like a good upcycle!! Your pages are always great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love these pages! LOVING how you added the journal bits!! Merry Christmas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pages great embellishing good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your DD is looking so good . Love how you used the bell as your journal spot. This DD will be so lovely to look back on

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....