WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Thursday 29 December 2016

Mandy's Days 21-24

 

Getting closer bit by bit to the end now!
----------------------------------
Day 21
I always try to put in a page about my two birds. Getting them to 'pose' next to
decorations and stay there long enough is often problematic

 This time a washi tape base is used.  I LOVE a very wide washi tape
And just tear off the ends

Then two thinner festive washi tape strips down the middle of that

The 'swag' is actually a round wreath diecut that was broken apart
then pleated a little to make it lie open and some sparkle dots added. 


 ------------------------------------------------------

DAY 22
 More pompom trim!! This one is larger than the other two I've used
(You could also glue it if you dont want to sew)




 I've added the vet bill to give an indication of what medicenes and the cost 
was 'back in 2016' for in years to come 
(LOL - that sounds ludicrous! but I already gasp at my really old Dec Dailys!!!)

The little red glitter swag acts as a something the pics are hung from by drawing little bows and running a line to the  photos


 ---------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 23

The other side of the red pompom page!
These are basic grey's 25th & Pine project life cards which fit really well on this page. I cut a few of them up and put them together so they worked well, and placed the photos over things that really were not that important.  A few stickers.....

 And a gorgeous lamp diecut with some inking.
I tried to fit the cards in so the sewing from the other side could be seen too.

----------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 24

Oooh another transparency!!!
With some fabulous trim sewn up the side :)

And some added vintage doilies to hold the photos..

 Just cut off the edges of the doilies...

 And voila!  We'll be able to put photos back and front without having
to match up exactly :)

---------------------------

Click HERE 
if you would like to see the first part to  my 2016 December Daily
We'd love you to share all your process and December Daily journey with us
below:
We'd love to see them!


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages, Mandy. I LOVE your pompom trims. Awww! Poor Blackie. My kitty cries all the way to the vet but is silent on the way home.....must know she's headed home to safety. lol. Love the lamp die cut and the inclusion of your little vintage doilies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my glory be! I love all these pages! The trim....yum... the vintage doilies....drool... the birds.. they look ready to fly off the page! I'm like you & try to add costs....cos things change & it's interesting to look back on! It's all totally BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages look amazing, so festive and love the trim and the doileys too.. and what fabulous die cuts to add to the pages too.. lovely creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look gorgeous! LOVING the trims you added to the pages!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful green trim, love the tree transparency and doilies too. And that lamp die cut is amazing. I too like to add the odd bill to keep track of prices, although I'm not sure who will ever be interested apart from me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful green trim, love the tree transparency and doilies too. And that lamp die cut is amazing. I too like to add the odd bill to keep track of prices, although I'm not sure who will ever be interested apart from me!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....