WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Monday 11 December 2017

Lori's Day 3 and 4


With this being my first December Daily, I am discovering pretty quickly what is going to work for me, and what is not, in order to get this album completed in December. Making my own pocket style cards is a little time consuming, but I do enjoy the process, they just may have to be pretty simple! 

Day 3 is all about my favorite ornaments. I was hoping to keep each day to a two-page layout, but since my Day 2 wound up being three pages, and I knew I needed more than just one page for Day 3, I decided to do a little something different for Day 3. 

I like the idea of different shapes and sizes of pages in my album and not everything being inside a protector. Instead of making a full 6x8 layout, I cut a circle out of two different colors of cardstock, punched out some one inch circles from all of the colors in my album and sandwiched the small circles between the two large circles to make a scalloped edge.


Here is the backside of the circle layout:

I carried the scalloped edge over onto my journaling card to help tie the pages together. Even though it's pretty easy to tell which ornament I'm talking about in my journaling, I went ahead and numbered each photo to correspond with the number on the journaling card.

Day 4 is about our typical Monday. I captured a beautiful sunrise for a great way to start the day, and the rest of the layout is about a shopping trip that I took with my son and granddaughter and the journaling centers around why that can sometimes be a challenge.
 

I'd better kick it into high gear from here on out! The rest of the month is only going to get busier!

Let us know how you are doing with your December Daily. Just leave a link in the comments and we will check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome page to include in your daily it looks so cool and a great story to add to a Dec Daily :) Yes they can be time consuming I've got a few that unfinished ones to agree to that :) Looking forward to seeing what else you create with your album :) Looking great so far and your a few days ahead of me :) Need to kick into high gear too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh Lori, I just LOVE your scalloped page and how you created it! Its perfect for your favourite ornament! I also love how you are adding different elements to you Project Life album, it shows all the possibilities that can be made :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages Lori, love the circle page...really creative!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....