WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Thursday 4 January 2018

Lori's Day 18 and 19


Day 18 
Day 18 is all about me finally finding one of the "hot" toys for the holiday season for my granddaughter. The stores had been sold out of them for weeks and on this day I finally found some when I went shopping. I wanted to be sure to include in my journaling why my granddaughter wanted them so badly, because in a few years that little detail may be forgotten!

I finally used one of the plastic clips from my kit on this layout, although it may be hard to see where! The "so excited" banner is the clip - the actual clip part was too big, so I cut it off to make it work for my layout.


Day 19
Day 19 talks about our favorite movies and why. I wanted to include a photo of the movies, so I printed covers off of my computer and added them to the front of my card. 

I also wanted to include why these movies are our favorites, but didn't have enough space on my card for what I wanted to say, so I created a flip up element. I added a piece of washi tape to the back side of the front piece of the card and attached it to the base card. The base card slips into the pocket and the photos of our favorite movies will stay on the outside for an easy flip up to read the journaling.


Here are both pages together in my album:

How are you doing with your December Daily? We would love to see it - just add a link to it in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of printing the covers of favourite movies.. this is such a good idea and a such a colourful additive to the album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finding the "hot" toy of the season!
    2 of the movies on your second page are my faves too: "ELF" - My FAVE fave (!!!), and "Christmas Vacation".
    I may have to incorporate flip style layouts also and was thinking of using the same technique even before I read your post... but thanks for showing me it works! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....