WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Thursday 3 November 2016

Lizzy's December Daily Journey.


Hullo my scrappy friends!

So excited to be joining the team & bringing

you my DECEMBER DAILY JOURNEY!

I'm a 'newbie' at doing a DD. I've watched with fascination the girls here

for a few years, but felt I really didn't have much to SAY in December, so
didn't join in.
I mean, there's only me, my husband & the dog at home...
Then last year for 2015, for some unfathomable reason, I couldn't resist.
I created a little 6" x 4" book:
I learnt SO much on that journey, & to be honest, at the end I decided that it
wasn't something I'd repeat, as I was doing quite detailed
Project Life at the time & felt I'd was repeating myself.

And yet here I am. HAH!
You see, the really weird thing is during this year
I'd pick up my little December Daily & flip through it.
I REALLY enjoyed looking back at the photos
& also at how I'd put the book together.
The clincher was that this year my Project Life is a lot more concise,
so I feel happy to do an in depth day-by-day diary.
And, since I'm entitled to change my mind - I have!
And I'm quite excited:)

I hope you are too!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

---------------------------------------


I am happy with how my 'stash busting' album turned out. Towards the end it got a little fat, but not overly so.  The one problem I had was the back page fell away from the spiral rings. OOPS!
To keep the book all together, I simply added some trim to the spine, feeding it through the middle of the metal rings and tied it off:


The use of black and white photos was fine, but I did end up cheating, using colour ones in the plastic sleeves tucked in the back of the album for Christmas Day. The idea of using a 'thankful' list when nothing much was happening worked really well for me. This is my fave page because I enjoyed using the ephemera in a 'different' way by creating a flip up to reveal the photo:

Weirdly [or not] even though I had no colour scheme in mind, I've noticed it's mostly green and reds.
I guess that's because they are common Christmas colours! So it ended up matching more than I anticipated!
Totally happy with my 2016 December Daily!

As for 2017. Well, I really enjoyed seeing Jane's plastic binder folder idea. I've got an 8' x 6" one sitting in my stash.  Maybe I'll try pocket scrapping with my stash that I have left over from this year in that next year? And definitely going back to colour photos! I missed that a little this year;)

---------------------------------------
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Definitely excited .. to see how you make your little book this year. Thoroughly enjoyed journeying through Dec with you last year and sure I will again this year. So pleased to see you join this great group .. might even do one myself .. you never know!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Margaret! That would be totally awesome, do join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute pages Lizzy :) Looking forward to seeing what you create you and I have something in common we have the same household a wife, husband and dog :) There is more happening in your life than you realized till you do a December Daily. With new changes this year with the new job I want to make sure I DD this year in case anything is different :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be interesting with doing your DD as well as working!!! Good on you & good luck with that Tina! Can't wait to see what you create:)!!

      Delete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....