WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Sunday 5 November 2017

Lori's December Daily Journey

Hello, hello!
I guess I don't really have much of a December Daily Journey - yet. I have had good intentions of doing a December Daily the past couple of years, and I've gotten as far as making my title page and adding in a few filler cards, and then I let the busyness of the season take over and my album gets pushed to the side. Not this year! I am determined to get my December Daily completed!

I will be creating a 6x8 project life style album. It will showcase a mix of our everyday happenings - along with a few stories/memories/traditions that I would like to share. My style is clean and simple and I like to create my own project life style cards and embellishments. I don't like a lot of bulk in my albums. but you never know what I'll be inspired to add in. Here are a few pictures of my title page and a few of the cards from my album last year - that still needs to be completed. 




I cannot wait to get this journey started and to see where it takes me!


 -------------------------------------------------------------

2017
 I am beyond thrilled to have finished my first December Daily! I attempted it back in 2011 and got as far as adding photos and a little bit of journaling up to day 8 and that was it. No embellishing, no title page just a few photos and sentences about that day - and when I found that poor attempt at a December Daily - I still loved it and regretted that I didn't keep up with it! It brought back memories that had been forgotten. So, again, I am thrilled to have this year's completed!


I really enjoyed doing a project life style album. I liked documenting our everyday life along with a few Christmas stories, too.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite page as they all have special meaning, but I loved adding in the larger photos and coming up with different ways to add my journaling when it just wouldn't fit into a pocket.
This glassine bag was a perfect spot for some personal journaling about the struggles of this particular day.
I think this close-up photo of our tree may be my favorite of the season!
I absolutely loved this whole process! The busyness of the holiday season made it hard sometimes to keep up with it, but it also allowed me to view the holiday season in a whole new light. I found myself really thinking about the true meaning of Christmas instead of what needed to be done, and that filled my heart with so much Christmas spirit this year.

I have been thinking about my next December Daily, because I have every intention of continuing it, and I am torn on what I want to do. I loved documenting our everyday life, but I feel like there are so many more Christmas stories/memories that I want to share. So, should I continue on like I did this year, or just concentrate on the stories I want to tell...thank goodness I have a few months to get that figured out!

 ----------------------------------------------------------




5 comments:

  1. THese examples are fabulous Lori! Looking like a great start to build on for this year's Dec Daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome start to a December Daily :) One thing about your journey, more of us are like you with big plans and then the business takes over :) So inspiring to see you get this goal accomplished and looking forward to seeing more you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so looking forward to seeing your DD take shape Lori...fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to watching your Dec Daily progress. Love your little pocket cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style...it reminds me a lot of mine, LOL! Good luck...I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....