WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Friday 17 November 2017

Tracey's 2017 December Daily



THE KIT
 
The hardest decision I found putting a kit together for my December Daily was....what papers will I choose? Will I use traditional colours or something else? As I plan on  "stash busting" my DD.......the photo below is where I started, papers everywhere!
Then I fine tuned it to this.......I will be using colour photos, so I have kept the colours very simple. White,  Kraft and Red. The photos and embellishments will add more colour!

Lots of my favourite things!

Lace, pom pom, ribbon , washi tape, tags, stamps, sequins, glitter, colours shine 

Can you see the tiny pepper and salt shakers? I have a collection of these for all my glitter....they look so cute all together on a shelf.
Doillies, more sequins, twine, wood veneer
I have kind of a plan in my head........Keep it simple is the main one! Things could change depending on the photos I take each day.


 -----------------------------------


THE COVER

For My first Ever "December Daily" I have decided to Die cut a lot of the album including the front cover and pages. The album is 8 inches x 6 inches..... I have used cricut Artbooking cartridge to cut these pages for the cover. The white paper is card board, which will add strength...I glued the pattern paper to this. 

Using cricut Flower Market cartridge I cut two wreath layers, adding glue to the white layer then covering it in glitter.

I've had this Ginger bread-man stamp for a long time, he is so cute!...it seemed like the perfect choice to coordinate with the baking theme pattern paper. I embossed it, then cut a heart from the pattern paper, a little twine, crochet doily and brad. I die cut the banner then stamped "Merry Christmas" to complete the layers

I sprinkled my favourite tiny heart buttons around the wreath

I have die cut 2 layers for the tag, adding star washi tape for the border. Before I die cut 2017 I covered the white card in Jac paper
 ( double sided adhesive paper) 

I pulled off the top layer of jac paper....instant sticker! Then covered it in glitter

I plan on hanging the tag from the rings I use to hold the pages together.


----------------------------------------------------------


THE PREPARATION

I have used Artbooking Cricut cartridge to die cut all the pages in my album. I'm adding the circle binding stickers to add strength to every hole.
Two pages are cut with 'December and Christmas , which hang over the album edge.....Lots of Glitter for extra sparkle.
Numbers cut.......more glitter.
Die cut Christmas tree page🎄

I had fun designing this page😊

This is a fun page too😊
Oh how I love Hearts♡
I still have a few more ideas for pages.

-----------------------------------------------

DAY 1
So happy you stopped by to check out Day 1 of my first ever December Daily. When I decide to do the DD album I knew I had to keep it simple so I would complete it!
I decorate my home the week before Christmas....these first pages show a few decorations and me up a ladder putting the star on top of the tree.
Day 1
The photos will add the colour to my DD! My journalling was done on the computer using a type writer style font. I was going to use my type writer....but decided to do it on the computer instead, because of spell check....LOL. You will see a lot of stamping and washi tape through the album. 


----------------------------------------------------

DAY 2-6
I am finding the hardest part of creating this December Daily is what photos do I use and how many? I've been spending lots of time in my craft space Christmas creating.... the next few days is about that.
On this first page I have covered a  tag with washi tape. 'Oh Christmas tree' is die cut on my cricut. 
More Christmas Craft...I really liked the vintage card I made, in the bottom photo so I decided to recreate it as a page. 
I stamped a simple Holy leaf on the doily die cut page. 
I typed the journalling for Day 5 and added it to the reverse of the doily die cut. 
Day 6 - No photos, just a sprinkle of stars and sequins! I made shaker cards today. The stitching detail is a stamp.


---------------------------------------------------

DAY 7
 
What will I do with 7?
I tried to get the large glittery number 7 to work on the same page as the photo....... it did not coordinate well with the photo, so I created a flap. I also like using photo corners to frame the photo.

 Washi tape, colour shine drops and gold ink around the edge of the page
"Happy" is a puffy sticker. I added the journalling to the inside of the flap.
I've added a bow and brad to 7.  I'm happy with how the page looks when the flap is closed.

------------------------------------------------------


DAYS 9 - 12
Day 8 - My favorite Shabby tree, covered in pomander balls. I stamped a few soft pink polka dots in the background and added a sprinkle of sequins. I created a small cluster on 8...wood veneer heart, star brad, crochet doily and button. I have so many Christmas stamps, I plan on using them lots in my DD. Just like the music below the photo. The second page frames Day 9.
I created the large heart by placing the die in the center of the page
I then placed the heart in the photo above, inside a larger heart to create a border for the front and back of the page.
 I glued the Kraft border to frame the heart, then I stamped stars around the edge. I'm also trying to stash bust my rubon collection....the trees across the top of the page are rubons along with the tiny reindeer and Christmas trees at the bottom of the page. I rubbed them onto a separate piece of card, then fussy cut them out .  How  cute are the wood veneer family!
Day 10 and 11...I stamped the string of Christmas lights directly onto the page, I then stamped the green lights on another piece of paper and cut out, then glued them in place. The extra dimension adds some detail to the simple pages. A variety of washi tape forms a border on day 11
Another simple page.....The photos are adding the colour to the pages.
The wreath stamp is a real favorite of mine and I'm loving the large gold numbers.

-----------------------------------------------------


DAYS 13-14
Day 13 is a simple page.....I just layered pretty strips of Christmas paper across the top and bottom of the page. A white doily is tucked under the journalling. At the start of the December Daily I was using a type writer font on my computer and printing the journalling out....I found I was wasting paper, so now I am using my type writer!
Day 14..." The most Wonderful time of the Year" to shop for Christmas decorations!

 I stamped two Christmas Baubles then added Kindy Glitz for a little sparkle...the gold twine adds a little extra dimension.
Loved this Christmas display in Myer....so, I took a photo! At the time had no idea what I was going to do with it?
Then I had an idea! 
Using my iphone...I cropped the image and added a filter, so it would coordinate with the Kraft background.
 

-----------------------------------------------------


DAYS 15 - 21

Keeping up December Dailying sure is a work out! Keeping it simple was definitely a good plan!
Day 15 - Loved this photo of our dog Jett...he had been digging, covered in dirt, he looked so cute. I thought he'd look even cuter with a Santa hat on! I used Joys of the Season cricut cartridge to die cut the hat...I added glitter to the pom pom and trim. I stamped a few paw prints on the adjoining page...I made a mistake with the date, so I crossed it out and stamped it again. I'm using gold colour shine to add drops to each page though out the book.
Day 16 - I had fun with this page. I created a title with the sweet little Deer. "OH DEER I forgot to take a photo today"! I used my cricut to die cut the Deer and letters. I used black ink to stamp the design on H and D.
 Day 17 - I spent the day making Shaker Style Christmas cards...JOY was left over so I added here. I used my cricut again to die cut JOY. I added the jounalling to the adjoining page. "Note to Self" start making Christmas cards earlier next year!! This page is half a heart.
Love this die cut heart page in the center of my December Daily. How cute are the tiny ginger bread boy and girl! I stamped them with versamark  ink , then embossed them with white embossing powder, then I die cut them out.
Day 18 - Journalling on the back of Heart. Today I had a Christmas lunch with friends...I wanted to include a few photos , so I created a flap with the 4 x 6 photo. The holly is stamped on water colour paper, I've added a few gems for the berries. I also like using washi tape.
The flap holds two more photos, I've used washi tape and a few Christmas stickers. "Merry Everything" Yep thats me with the reindeer ears and glasses....looking very Christmasy!

Day 18 - Super simple page...I layered strips of pattern paper above and below the photo. A selfie taken in the pool to document my first swim of the season! " Merry" is a left over from my shaker card production! I added a few rubons and a strip of washi tape to the edge.

Day 20 - "Im Beginning to look a lot like Christmas"
Me..playing with my new lazer lights. I covered the background with rubons, punched stars, sequins and ink splatters.

 Day 21 - I spent the whole day baking cookies. I printed this photo out as a whole page.


------------------------------------------------------


DAYS 22-23
Day 22 (Friday) I spent the day in the kitchen baking and icing the cookies I made on Day 21. I played around with the editing program  on windows 10 and added text on my photo. I chose striped pattern paper to coordinate with the table runner in the photo.  A spash of  gold colour shine , a doily and a sprinkle of sequins.
Day 23 - City lights.....I'm really trying hard to use up a huge collection to rubons. Santa and sleigh, numbers and verse are all rubons. When I have more time I plan to go back and add detailed journalling on a tag or maybe in an envelope ?  Or maybe I won't! Somedays don't need a lot of words....the picture says it all! Cheer and Happy Holidays were cut from a 12 x12 piece of paper. 

This year has flown by.....I can't believe it will soon be 2018.

------------------------------------------------

DAYS 24 - 25

Day 24 - Keeping consistent with previous pages ....I have used rubons, drops of gold colour shine, a doily and large glittery numbers. "JOY" is a left over die cut from Christmas cards..... I really like how they are adding a little more interested to the pages which a very simple.
Washi tape and journalling with my typewriter.
Believe in the Magic of Christmas is a project life card. I printed our Christmas tree as a full page.
Day 25 - I designed the Full page cut file on my cricut.
Journalling on a project life card.
We started Christmas day with a Family breakfast. Love the pop of colour washi tape creates. The star border is rubons.
I have a few more pages to add for Christmas Day. I found it hard to choose just a few photos
----------------------------------------------

DAYS 25-30
I'm so Happy to say my December Daily is done!  Today I am continuing with pages for day 25. I also have a page for Day 30. 
Day 25 continued
 I created a double page using pattern paper as a border. Christmas day was very warm we decided to move the table tennis game into the family room and enjoy  playing, keeping cool with our recently installed air conditioning. These page show the games we played. I printed the journalling out on the computer....I don't like my handwritting , so if I didn't print it out I would use my type writer.

I printed the photos small so I could fit a few to a page. Another double page, fun pattern paper and washi tape.

On the first page my journalling reads - Family photos....the best we could do! Oh it was so hard getting a good photo! Blurry, someones eyes were shut or no one was looking at the camera!
For the  first page I printed out a collage of all the not so good photos. On the second page my husband eyes are shut.....but it was the best one of everyone. More washi tape , heart shape die cuts, Merry Christmas and the stars are puffy stickers, lots of gold colour shine. Every page edge is inked in gold too.


Not a lot happened between the 25th and 30th....
....actually I was busy trying to keep on track with this album!
My parents live 3 hours away, so we had our Christmas day with them on the 30th....I documented that with a single family photo.
I really liked the verse on this page.......We received a Christmas card from a real estate agent , the verse was on it. I kept it because I didn't want to forget it , so I cut it up and added it to the final page! Nothing like a little recycling!  I've added an envelope ....I thinking I'm going to use it for recipes I made for Christmas this year.
For the final page, I die cut a Christmas tree using my cricut.

Done!

I'm Happy with how my First December Daily turned out.






9 comments:

  1. Oh how totally gorgeous and what an amazing beginning to your album! Love all that snow, looks just like icing sugar sprinkled over gingerbread biscuits. Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love the wreath and that gingerbread man...so cute! The star washi tape that you used is so pretty! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cover looks amazing. I love the little gingerbread man embellie......soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really thought for a moment that you had dusted with white! LOL - its pattern paper - how effective!! What a gorgeous front cover!! Little gingerman is sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! I lvoe how youa re using all of your items you own including your machine! This will truly be one of a kind art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute cover and beginning to a fun Dec Daily :) Looks just like he came out of the flour with that cute cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cover makes me hungry, LOL Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. love the ginger bread man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Wow Wow! This is sooo awesome! I just don't know if I'd ever keep up with it, but yours is so beautiful!! But everything you make is. Love the pics you chose and love all of the different ways you used them.. love the typewriter journaling and of course all of the beautiful embellishments... and the varied page shapes!! Just Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....