WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Tuesday 27 December 2016

Jane's Days 22 - 24


Day 22


 Mm, glued the journal card upside down and it won't come off. Glue is so tricky like that, never holds what you want it to, but clings fast when you've made a mistake!


Oh well, best go with it then and cover up the more obvious upside down bits. A gingerbread man and sweeties chipboard does the trick. Also added a stamped and die cut bauble using a paperclip and a trio of brown pearls.


A few mishaps today in real life as well as crafting, but my photo page is focussing on the positives. I added SPEND to cover an unwanted word on the top banner (Katie Pertiet Antibes) and added a flair badge to the end to complete the sentiment.


Day 23


I knew I would have to include this wonderful Uniko wreath stamp somewhere in my album and used it to outline today's number. I used my misit tool to line things up and get a good clear stamping.


I added a small sprig onto the journal card too.  A few stickers and a chipboard elf also found their way onto the page.


Some journalling and more stickers and I was done.


I have several versions of this photo over the years and love how it's always seems as if it's the first time for them. I think one of the most wonderful aspects of a December Daily is tracking the similarities and differences of each year, not to mention the growth of children! The digi elements on today's photo are from ep Merry Little Christmas.


Day 24


Today's focus was always going to be about that special Christmas Eve visitor  and I prepped the page accordingly with a stamped Clearly Besotted elf reading the nice list and added stickers from Simple Stories Mistletoe Kisses.


My journalling about the morning used up all the space on the card, so I decided I'd just have to add some more writing on my main photo page.


Inspired by Deb's inclusion of drawings by her grandchildren I decided to try out once more this idea with my two older grandsons. In the past this has not gone well - boys!!! But today they were being very co-operative and produced some real beauties for me.


 I'd already prepared a square cut from a Hambly transparency with a Wonky Tonk tree stamped with Staz-On timber brown ink. This seemed the ideal opportunity to include it. So photos of the boys  were mounted onto patterned red card and then lined up back to back.


The word stickers were chosen carefully to match up too and then I took a leaf out of Lizzy's book and outlined them in pen.


And here's today's main photo page with that added journalling. The digi elements are all by Katie Pertiet and available from Designer Digitals.


Hope your Christmas was awash with fun, laughter and happy people! And thanks for all the kind comments about my album that you've been leaving.

We'd love you to share all your process and December Daily journey with us, here's the links you'll need:

We'd love to see them!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages again, Jane. Loved looking through them all. AND such fabulous drawings by the grandchildren too. Next year you probably won't even have to ask them, they'll be asking you if you want them after seeing this year's efforts proudly displayed in your December Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love that you 'went with' your mistake. No choice I guess! LOVE that your boys actually drew such fab pictures. Can't wait til my get old enough to do that. ADORE your wreath stamp [GO! MISTI!!}..... & I really like how you say the continuity of traditions from year to year make a DD such a fab thing to do:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous wreath stamp... so perfect for your date block!! my goodness, couldn't have picked it better. Love the boys drawings.. these are such a great inclusion. Wish I did that when my girls were younger. 'What mistake?' Wouldn't have noticed it! LOL... Your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really looking good!! Love how you covered your 'mistake' and loving that wreath stamp too! Love that you included the artworks by your grandies and love the gorgeous photos too!!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....