WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Sunday 4 December 2016

Lizzy's Day 1


It's been a busy start to December for me. But today I've caught up!
On the left side of my 1st page, the inside cover,
I stuck a paper bag already decorated that had been gifted
to me. It's so beautiful & I thank Kathleen Wilson VERY much:)
I decided to pop a little letter in about WHY I was doing this album.
I'd also been given some number stickers from Mary Bennetts, & realised a number '20' & '16'
made it into 2016. That was useful! The typewriter image is from our local
Reject Shop. Marked down to 50c for 6!
On the other side, I used digital files from the Becky Higgins PROJECT LIFE App
I have on my iPhone. It's a 'cherish' card from the 'DREAMY EDITION' kit.
I simply print them from my iPhone, via my wifi printer at home.
Then I used my STASH [go me!!!] to decorate the card.
The arrow was a 'bauble' die cut. I'm not being precious. I wanted that paper,
& decided to cut an arrow out of it. Then I THREW THE LEFT OVERS AWAY.
Yes. I am YELLING. This feels good. Use it, then lose it ;)
My completed 'intro' pages spread:

Next up is Day 1.
Initially I thought I'd only use 1 page per day. Whoopsies.
Took 2 pages to scrap my 1st day. Oh well. I kept spare pages in the book.
So that's OK!
Sticking with the black & white photos. Although it's HARD.
I'm a writer. I'm writing directly onto my iPhone, & also printing straight from
my computer. Then cutting out the sentences to 'fit' my page:
Yes! There are silver snowflakes on these pages,
from Marie-Christine from LAST year.
They're cute, but in Australia it doesn't snow at Christmas. So I took a deep
breath, & simply plonked them on the page as decoration:
To get my smaller photos, I also use the Project Life App by Becky Higgins.
You can pop 2, 4 or 6 photos on a 4x6 photo sized card. This one is a 4 per card
size. Then you print, and cut up! You can pop them onto a usb to be printed, but
doing them at home means I have more chance of keeping up with my DD.
I backed the photos with some stash wrapping paper:
You can see I'm keen on writing ON my photos, too.
Partly 'cos the background paper is quite 'busy'.
Mostly 'cos that's what I like to do! The Stampin' Up or American Crafts journaling
pens write well on the glossy surface.
As you can see on Day 2 below, left:
The other thing that works for me is making little 'flip' folders.
You simply run some washi tape between your photos [I use glue as well,
cos washi tape has a habit of NOT sticking terribly well].
On the left hand side, I've made one and journaled on the inside as well:
Excuse my big toes getting in on the act. Had to hold it open somehow!
Note the little stapled star cluster underneath? I repeated this element on
the other page [Day 3] for continuity.
You'll also notice with the little alpha stickers below, I'd run out of  the letter 'e'
so used the number 3s instead. The 'i' is a 'j'...strangely, I don't think it looks
at all odd. Did YOU notice??
I could go on and on with all the little bits I've added. But you've
been remarkably patient if you've gotten this far.
One last thing. Notice this photo has been altered with red arrows?
That's my 'LITTLE MOMENTS' App for iPhone by Fatmumslim.
It has LOTS of different effects you can use. And it's a fave.
Like this 'transparent' effect that I've used for the arrows, below:
Last but not least, a big thanks to Lizzy Crust, for sending me some extra
Christmas bits from HER stash that she thought I could use. I already have!

So, have you started?
We would love to see your DD's.
Here are the links:

Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥











6 comments:

  1. You have had a busy few days to start December and have scrapped them beautifully. Your December Daily looks amazing........lots to look at and wonderful memories recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Lizzy! I love your style, so different from my neat and tidy but it's totally amazing and oh so vibrant and energetic. I'm going to learn so much from you - already checking out those apps you use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow!! This is so good, Lizzy!!! So much happening here. I love the black & white photos against the colorful backgrounds and I love that little flip page too (taking note of that).. brilliant idea!! Your 'intro' pages are gorgeous and days 1,2 and 3 are a total delight!! Absolutely love what you're doing with this journal!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing so far! LOVING the B&W and LOVING the foot shot! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow these pages look wonderful.. and yes you are a writer and it is so good to have it all written down and tell the story.. you have been busy and you have it all under control I reckon with your apps and printing your journalling.. looking forward to seeing your month go by, but I hope the month does not fly like the first 5 days have!!! I love the colors, and bits it all looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first pages look amazing!! LOL - I'm so bad at sticking to one page (or two pages) at times! And weeell - no rules hey! Love the arrows app - thats so cool. And snowflakes - they belong anywhere and everywhere at christmas. 'Go you' for the black and white photos!! I just cant do it! Tried! but epic fail at trying to stick em down! Your pages look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....