WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Thursday 8 December 2016

Lizzy's Day 4,5 & 6

Hi there! Powering along & so far pretty much
keeping up with my DD!
DAY 4 & 5:
For Day 4, I used a photo that I snapped
from a magazine. Since I was watching the new Gilmore Girl
series - I figured it fitted. We don't always have to use 'LIFE' photos.
Sometimes a representation of what we're doing like this works just as well!
I've done a 'flip' here, too, as I had lots of journaling.
No surprise there. You lift UP the photo to
reveal this.... & yes! I know 'is' is spelt with a 'z'.
But I had no 'S's' left. Being creative ;)
The tabs are working well - but I realised I needed the dates
on the BACK side of them as well.
Couldn't be bothered getting out the stamps again, so I'm just
writing them on with a marker.
And who said you can't have a deer checking out the girls?
I think he looks cute! I'm enjoying using those little word
stickers around the page. I made them myself on the computer.
Finding free typewriter fonts is pretty easy with Google!
Onto Day 5.
I had a quiet day at home.
And as planned, am using the Thanksgiving List
from Elise for those days.
This one was for a family member.
It wasn't until I'd FINISHED my page I realised
it was a COLOUR photo. WOOPS!
It's because it's an older one, not taken for my DD.
So, I've decided for the THANKS days - I'll always
use a colour photo. I quite like the idea, as it will separate
daily doings with reflective thanksgiving!
I've used lots of bits. Fussy cut the little girl and boy
silhouettes; some tags, & the 'love' on the side is part of a card that also
had 'peace' and 'joy' on it. Worked a treat here!
I don't mind that it overlaps the edges of my diary a little at all:)
 I cut the vellum tag below from some paper I had in the stash, and wrapped a little copper
thread underneath as well:
 Close up of my journaling. I'm REALLY enjoying mixing the typed with the written!
Very quickly, here is Day 6:
Back to using my Project Life App by Becky Higgins.
This time with 4 frames to the 4x6 photo size.
2 of the frames have used the Digital files
from the 'CAPTURE LIFE' kit, which was a freebie.
Then I printed the whole lot using the black and white feature on my printer,
to keep the colours muted.
Decorated the non-photo pockets.
 And where's my journaling you ask?
Tucked BEHIND the photo this time!
The 'pull' tab you can see on the left, the scalloped 1/2 circle
that says 'love'.
So, that's it for me.
Getting into the 'flow' of it now.
How about you? Are you settling in & getting started?

We'd love you to share all your process and December Daily journey with us
below:
 
 
Cheers for now & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
 

6 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this post - lots of little tips and ideas floating in my brain now! Must really try your journalling strips idea on a scrap page, looks so cool and trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you are using up your stash! Love all the little festive bits and pieces! You do teach me to journal more!! You've given me an idea for my next page... you will see it tomorrow! Hmmmm... I was stuck, but now I'm not! Yay for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lizzy these pages are looking fabulous. REALLY LOVE the inclusion of the "thankful" pages AND the use of the colour pics for those days is clever. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pages look great great Lizzy, I like the color photo in there and love your journaling you are great at telling the story, love all the cute embellies, and oh deer! He looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the pages so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous pages Lizzy!! Love the colour photo for the 'thankful' pages .. as you say, it will make them stand out .. brill idea!! Love the cute little deer and the fun little words you sprinkle around .. just wonderful!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....