WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Thursday 1 December 2016

Mandy's Day 1



Oh My Gosh!!!
Its HERE!
1ST OF DECEMBER!

Are we ready???



Time to fill/make those pages!!!


I've got my first page done, and I couldnt resist going straight for the transparency!
The transparency looks great with the black inside cover behind it!


Even though old Blackie isnt well, he gave me this lovely expression this morning,
perfect for the first page(dont forget to include your family pets in your December Daily)
 So added the wording with my photoshop elements. 
 He obviously couldnt see what all the fuss was about !


I actually had a great run this morning with photographing the transparency, 
I usually have a grand battle with reflections and glare!!  With the latter always winning!
Placed the photo in the middle of the page.......


 I really love this Basic Grey Jovial Doily diecut and decided that this will be the cover page. 



 I'm not at all sure what to do with it yet, but the 1st of December transparency page will sit behind it.
Do you see something peeping through?????  That was accidental!


 Here's a closer look....LOVE it!  Blackie is so shy, this is perfect for him!



 Because I'm basing most of my December Daily on Basic Grey's 'Jovial' Collection, out came a great Star die because this will make a lovely group of various sized stars to go under the photo.
There is only two sheets of 'Jovial' (Merrymaker, Nice) here - the photo shows the reverse sides of the paper too which I've used four different patterns for the page.




 The 'Jovial' paper matches well with the 'Jovial' strip of fabric on the page's edge.
The stickers are from the 'Jovial' Elements sheet too. Then, its a matter of adding a number!
For the reverse side of the transparency, I'm pretty sure I'll match up another photo on the other side, use some more stars, the tag and number shape so that there arent any odd bits sticking out looking unfinished when viewing through it either side


Just lifted this up to get a 'see-through' look and the reflection has arrived! UGH!
But you get what I mean! LOL



 Whoohoo!  Day One done!
(does look better with the black under it :) )

Click HERE 
if you would like to see my 2016 December Daily kit, how the covers and pages were made!



We'd love you to share all your process and December Daily journey with us
below:
We'd love to see them!
 




4 comments:

  1. Absolutely loving your first page, Mandy........AND ooooooohhhh look at Blackie peaking through your cover page......how PURRFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fabulous Mandy! And what luck to have placed Blackie so that he peeps through the cover page - just magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic 1st page :) Thought that was so cute when you pointed out the peek :) I chuckled out loud when I found it :) Looks like a great start to a fantastic album :) A little behind at the moment November was crazy at work and this month is looking the same, but hope to get a little time to catch up on what you all are doing this month and to get my kit gathered over the next day or 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is way cute how Blackie is peeking through.... the transparency looks AMAZING against the black, too.....you do them SOOOO well. And they're such a FUN element:):)

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....